Monday, January 25, 2010

Our New House






The last few days we have been busy settling into our new house! It is nice to have a place of our own. We had the inspection and were given the keys Thursday morning. A local company delivered ALL of our shipments and everything made it intact. We have been so fortunate this far and the Lord has really looked out for us. Our transition has been smooth and we have met so many new friends. Its amazing how he always has a plan. We spent the day Thursday unpacking boxes and putting stuff away.Friday, Justin went to work for a while and I decorated and cleaned the house (with bleach!)It was actually pretty clean but I had to make sure :) Our house is 4 bedrooms and 2.5 baths. They allow furniture based on the number of family members so we only qualified for one bedroom suite. There is furniture i our bedroom and all the others are empty! We can get extra furniture if we have visitors. I have to submit a letter stating we are having guest and they will loan us furniture. I need some guest so I can fill my bedrooms! We went Friday afternoon and got groceries to stock our house and a few odds and ends that we needed. We also were able to get our Internet, cable, and local phone hooked up. There is one problem. We found out that out TV is not multi-system therefore it will only play there cable channels in black and white. Our TV is NTSC and in Europe they operate with a PALS system. We found out we can get a converter to convert our signal but those aren't cheap. We have decided to order a multi-system TV, have it shipped here, and then just have it as an extra TV when we move back. The good thing is a multi-system TV will work in the U.S. and Europe. We also set up a Magicjack this weekend! It has been so neat. We are able to have a Greenville phone number and talk to our family on the phone just like we were dialing from the states! We went to a great Italian restaurant on Friday night for dinner and it was so good!!! I think it is my favorite so far. It sat right on the water and looked out over the ocean! It is great having a place of our own and we are finally feeling like it is "home." I will get some pics of the outside soon. The are painting the outside of the houses so when they are finished I will get some posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment