Monday, May 24, 2010

Trailing into Summer....












The island weather is drawing closer! The sun has been our friend and the warm air is getting here! It is amazing how blue the water is here when the clouds go away and the sun is shining. The past week has been filled with some more volleyball, softball, and great weather! I enjoy sitting outside in the afternoon and soaking up some sun while reading a lot of good books. This past weekend we made our first visit to the beach! The water was so blue! It reminded me of the Caribbean except when you felt it you knew it was the North Atlantic. It was a little breezy so the sand was blowing but the sun was great no matter what. I already know where my favorite place will be for the summer, you guessed it, the beach! We also went on a hike with some friends. Thankfully we have some friends that have some experience hiking and they were able to lead the way. We hiked the second tallest peak on the island, Pico Alto. The tallest peak you can drive up so we took the hike to get into nature. It was a lot of fun and my first real hike. I think we will go again! There are many trails for hiking here so we should have plenty to explore. This coming week I start some training for my new job. I won’t officially begin work until the middle of June but I am going in this week to begin learning a little. We are excited about the summer and can’t wait to tell you of all out adventures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment