Island life has been pretty nice since our return from the Carolinas. Last week was mostly rainy but this week, so far, the rain has gone away and the sun has blessed us with its presence! It is still a little cool, in the 60s, but I have faith that soon it will warm up. It’s a shame to have this beautiful deep blue water and not be able to jump in it. The last two weeks have been pretty normal. Volleyball games, softball practice, work for Justin, and work in the yard for Lindsay. I have become quite the grass cutter and I actually like it. Justin still weed eats because he says I might get hurt. I even use the leaf blower to clean up afterwards. We missed seeing our families on Mother's Day but we enjoyed the time we had when we were home. My dog (Matt thinks it’s his now), Chopper had a birthday this past weekend too and he turned 6. I miss him but I know that my parents and brothers are taking good care of him. The volcanic ash has officially made its way to us. Many of the flights in and out of here were grounded or diverted to another island earlier this week. There have been a few flights in but you can tell that they are very limited because it had been quieter around here. It looks like a haze in the sky but other than that I can't really tell a difference. If they hadn't said anything I would have thought it was cloudy. This past weekend we enjoyed time together in the town and walked along the beach boardwalk. Last night we went to a good place to eat, Bouzios. We shared a plate of chicken parmesan but the best was our appetizer. We had fresh calamari and it was so good! I will definitely go back and have some more of that.
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
A Sunny Week
Island life has been pretty nice since our return from the Carolinas. Last week was mostly rainy but this week, so far, the rain has gone away and the sun has blessed us with its presence! It is still a little cool, in the 60s, but I have faith that soon it will warm up. It’s a shame to have this beautiful deep blue water and not be able to jump in it. The last two weeks have been pretty normal. Volleyball games, softball practice, work for Justin, and work in the yard for Lindsay. I have become quite the grass cutter and I actually like it. Justin still weed eats because he says I might get hurt. I even use the leaf blower to clean up afterwards. We missed seeing our families on Mother's Day but we enjoyed the time we had when we were home. My dog (Matt thinks it’s his now), Chopper had a birthday this past weekend too and he turned 6. I miss him but I know that my parents and brothers are taking good care of him. The volcanic ash has officially made its way to us. Many of the flights in and out of here were grounded or diverted to another island earlier this week. There have been a few flights in but you can tell that they are very limited because it had been quieter around here. It looks like a haze in the sky but other than that I can't really tell a difference. If they hadn't said anything I would have thought it was cloudy. This past weekend we enjoyed time together in the town and walked along the beach boardwalk. Last night we went to a good place to eat, Bouzios. We shared a plate of chicken parmesan but the best was our appetizer. We had fresh calamari and it was so good! I will definitely go back and have some more of that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment