Flowers are blooming, the pool is open, and the rain is visiting us less frequently! It finally feels like summer on the island. We have planted some more flowers and planted a garden with lettuce, watermelon, and cantaloupe! Hopefully it will grow but the birds seem to love pecking at our seeds. The past few weeks I have done some training for my new job and I will officially be starting work on Friday. I guess that is a good thing? This past weekend we had a gathering on one of the beaches with a group of friends. We went to the industrial beach, which isn't really an official beach; it’s one that our friends discovered. We grilled, played whiffle ball, volleyball, and just had a great time! It was cloudy most of the day but we still enjoyed the fellowship. One thing is for sure. It was my first experience being at the beach and being visited by cows! It was so much fun that I think we are going back this weekend!
Monday, June 7, 2010
Beach Day
Flowers are blooming, the pool is open, and the rain is visiting us less frequently! It finally feels like summer on the island. We have planted some more flowers and planted a garden with lettuce, watermelon, and cantaloupe! Hopefully it will grow but the birds seem to love pecking at our seeds. The past few weeks I have done some training for my new job and I will officially be starting work on Friday. I guess that is a good thing? This past weekend we had a gathering on one of the beaches with a group of friends. We went to the industrial beach, which isn't really an official beach; it’s one that our friends discovered. We grilled, played whiffle ball, volleyball, and just had a great time! It was cloudy most of the day but we still enjoyed the fellowship. One thing is for sure. It was my first experience being at the beach and being visited by cows! It was so much fun that I think we are going back this weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment