Monday, April 19, 2010












Another week of rain with one day of sunshine. To look on the bright side, the week of rain makes the sun that much better! The week was full of activities for us both. At the Officer's Spouses Club we enjoyed a mad hatter tea party with a theme of Alice in Wonderland. We all wore hats and enjoyed a meal and games. Justin had several volleyball games and won all of them! Friday we finally got our Portuguese inspection on our car. Here everyone is required to have a car inspection to drive. We are officially legal. It’s amazing how it takes a while to get all the little things to fall into place. My favorite day of all was Saturday. The weather was beautiful. We washed our car, got some groceries, and spent the rest of the day on the golf course. I cannot golf so I was the caddy/scorekeeper. I need to get some lessons before I get on the course! The course here is great and we enjoyed the day with some friends at the golf course and ended the day at our house for a cookout. Sunday was a different story to begin the day! It was POURING rain and windy. It was looking like a day for the couch until about 4pm when out of nowhere the SUN came out and the clouds rolled away! We jumped on our bikes and went for what turned into a 3.5 hour bike ride. We discovered some great scenery you can’t see from a car but my backside is really sore! Too bad I didn't have the camera when we were biking but it’s probably best I didn't considering all the mud puddles we rode through! We can try for pictures when it is a little drier. Looking forward to the rest of the month, always a surprise and something new to discover. Speaking of suprises, I bet you have never seen a vehicle like the one I have a picture of!

No comments:

Post a Comment