Since I wrote last we have been pretty busy.March has been a good month. The best news is that we sold our house in Anderson! This is such a blessing. No more extra bills or house payment. In the Azores March has been filled with a mixture of rain, wind, and warmth. The weather is slowly turning for the better and we have gotten a few glimpses of summer.We even bought a new grill which really makes it seem like summer when you smell it cooking. Justin has been busy playing intramurral volleyball with games once or twice a week. I am on the roster but just as an extra if they need someone. I prefer to watch. We have also discovered a candle wax massage that we enjoy together. We have gotten two this month. Massages here are so much cheaper than home so it makes it easier to enjoy. They litterally light a candle and use the wax to massage your skin. It is awesome. I have enjoyed several activites this month. I attended a healthy cooking class. The lady that taught it was a vegetarian but I still got some ideas to prepare healthier dishes. I also joined the Officer's Spouses Club(OSC) which meets monthly for dinner and a speaker/presentation. This month the presentaion was about moving. It was presented by one of the wives that is an interior designer and has moved 19 times with her husband. She gave good pointers on keeping versitle items and creative ways to make all your "temporary houses" feel like home. The OSC also participates and sponsors many events on base. It is a good way to meet people and get involved.The best part was that I won the door prize which was a green vase that someone had started a cork collection in, it looks great in my dining room and it was free! The past few weeks some of our friends have had birthdays. For one we went to eat at a local Indian resturant and then played some games. The most recent birthday party was "Cheeseburger in Paradise" There were probably 50+ people and we ate chesseburgers, had a fire, and listened to a band play all in the comfort of their yard. The worst of March is contributed to the ants that invaded our house! I have gotten to know the maintence and entomology saff well. They may speak portuguese but they know what I want...the ants to leave. After several treatments,ant bait all over the house, and removal of baseboards, hopefilly the ants have left! Apparently ants are a common visitor here but I can't get used to that. I will keep them away..the best I can. Justin and I recently started watching the LOST series. We never watched it before so we get a different season each week from the library and watch the episodes at night. It is pretty intresting and better than most things on TV here. We have also done some more yard work and my seeds are begining to sprout! Now that March is coming to a close Justin can finally shave his awful mustache that I hate! He better win something for it..maybe most disturbing.
Monday, March 29, 2010
March Matters
Since I wrote last we have been pretty busy.March has been a good month. The best news is that we sold our house in Anderson! This is such a blessing. No more extra bills or house payment. In the Azores March has been filled with a mixture of rain, wind, and warmth. The weather is slowly turning for the better and we have gotten a few glimpses of summer.We even bought a new grill which really makes it seem like summer when you smell it cooking. Justin has been busy playing intramurral volleyball with games once or twice a week. I am on the roster but just as an extra if they need someone. I prefer to watch. We have also discovered a candle wax massage that we enjoy together. We have gotten two this month. Massages here are so much cheaper than home so it makes it easier to enjoy. They litterally light a candle and use the wax to massage your skin. It is awesome. I have enjoyed several activites this month. I attended a healthy cooking class. The lady that taught it was a vegetarian but I still got some ideas to prepare healthier dishes. I also joined the Officer's Spouses Club(OSC) which meets monthly for dinner and a speaker/presentation. This month the presentaion was about moving. It was presented by one of the wives that is an interior designer and has moved 19 times with her husband. She gave good pointers on keeping versitle items and creative ways to make all your "temporary houses" feel like home. The OSC also participates and sponsors many events on base. It is a good way to meet people and get involved.The best part was that I won the door prize which was a green vase that someone had started a cork collection in, it looks great in my dining room and it was free! The past few weeks some of our friends have had birthdays. For one we went to eat at a local Indian resturant and then played some games. The most recent birthday party was "Cheeseburger in Paradise" There were probably 50+ people and we ate chesseburgers, had a fire, and listened to a band play all in the comfort of their yard. The worst of March is contributed to the ants that invaded our house! I have gotten to know the maintence and entomology saff well. They may speak portuguese but they know what I want...the ants to leave. After several treatments,ant bait all over the house, and removal of baseboards, hopefilly the ants have left! Apparently ants are a common visitor here but I can't get used to that. I will keep them away..the best I can. Justin and I recently started watching the LOST series. We never watched it before so we get a different season each week from the library and watch the episodes at night. It is pretty intresting and better than most things on TV here. We have also done some more yard work and my seeds are begining to sprout! Now that March is coming to a close Justin can finally shave his awful mustache that I hate! He better win something for it..maybe most disturbing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Lindsay, we miss you so much! I love reading your blog and seeing what yall have been up to! Life here is the same ol thing, but less exciting without you here. Hope things are going well for you and Justing!
ReplyDeleteRachael Webb
PS, we are having boy #2!!!
Hey Girl!! Glad that Justin shaved off that 'stach!!! Loved seeing him wear that Clemson sweatshirt--it's good to know that you still know who to pull for!! :) Enjoy watching LOST---Bruce and I started watching it when we were living in NC and started during season 2 while we were catching up on season 1. Even though we have watched all the episodes, and it's the last season--we still don't know a thing!! But it is entertaining!! :)
ReplyDelete