I never knew how much I liked the sun until I actually got to see it this weekend. March has been rainy and windy but things are turning around and getting brighter. This weekend we enjoyed a hike in Serreta, a village on the northern side of the island. It was sunny and beautiful outside. The hike was about 1.5 miles up hill and then back down. We saw many beautiful sites toinclude a pond at the top of the mountain. It looked like an old volcanic crater that had been filled with water over time! Who knew the woods could keep so many secrets!
On another note, we are still searching for our new home in Colorado. We are excited about moving this summer but will miss some parts of the island. Justin is staying busy at work and I have 1 month left before I am finished working.
We have also been enjoying the island through biking and running. It has been great to stay in shape and makes it easy when you have so many beautiful things around you as a distraction. I have to say I will miss seeing the ocean every day. It is so blue, green, and vast. You can look forever and see NOTHING and it feels peaceful. I hear the Rockies are gorgeous so at least it is a good trade for the ocean.
As the sun continues to shine we are going to soak up our last months on this beautiful island.
No comments:
Post a Comment