Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A Wet Walk

Well it was a little wet but worth the views. As usual, this time of year we get a lot of rain. I am a fan of sunshine but I have learned to enjoy myself in the wetness too. We took a hike in the center of the island that sent us through pastures, by ponds, through the woods, over volcanic rock, and finally back to the car. Sometimes I wondered if we were really going to find the end and with the help of the red and yellow trail markers we did! I was not prepared in the shoe department, believe it or not. I stayed warm, and dry, for the most part excluding my feet. The best description I can give for my feet at the end of the hike is, swampy. I wore tennis shoes and I won't do it again. I was able to enjoy my camelback that Justin bought me for Christmas. I was perfect for water, snack, and of course my camera. We had a great time and enjoyed seeing the inner beauty of the island.

No comments:

Post a Comment