October is here and so is the wind and rain. Fall is one of my favorite times of year but it is not quite the same here as in SC. During the past week the rain has come and gone but the wind is still lingering. The ocean looks scary too! When I look at it I think of The Perfect Storm. Even though the weather is not the best we are still decorated for the season. Justin carved a Tiger Paw in one of the pumpkins but it has about rotted. We went and bought another GIANT pumpkin and he is going to carve it too, closer to Halloween. Our neighbor went to one of the farmers fields and cut down some corn so I added that to my décor. Since we had restrictions on how much weight we could ship I had to leave a lot decorating items at home. I really wanted something for my door so after searching I finally found some unique pieces and made my own wreath! It is mad out of rope.
October is also the month for Breast Cancer awareness. There are various activities going on this month on base to promote awareness. Today we participated in the 5K run and Justin won the race. I did pretty well too.
As you know, Justin can’t hunt here but we have our share of deer hunting videos that we watch each night. I try to be patient when we watch the same deer getting killed on the videos because I know that he really misses hunting. Speaking of deer, while Justin was on his bike ride last Saturday he saw a group of Fallow Deer at the top of a mountain just off the trail. Who knew they were here?
This coming Wednesday will be 9 months that we have been in The Azores. It is hard to believe that much time has passed. We are having fun but still have so much we want to see while we are here.
No comments:
Post a Comment