Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Biking










The beginning of October brought us some bad weather but the last week has been great. It is more like the fall “at home.” We have stayed busy with fall festivals, Oktoberfest, cooking dinners for singles, and enjoying the nice weather outdoors.
Before we moved here, Justin and I invested in some new bikes. Turns out this has been a great place to ride them! Justin has created a ritual of riding early Saturday mornings while I sleep in. After I have had some time to sleep he will come back and get me to ride some more! What a sweet husband. If you know me, you know I like my sleep. Recently he rode the perimeter of the entire island in about 4.5 hours! There is a coastal road that runs around the island and it is about 50 miles. He was tired but had a good time despite the rain that followed him through certain villages. The scenery here is beautiful and there are places you can get to on bike that you can’t take a car. We really enjoy the time that we can ride around and see the great scenery!

No comments:

Post a Comment