It’s been a while but when I last wrote I spoke of Praia Fest. It was quite an experience and the beach bullfight was the best. We enjoyed good food, ice cream, and time with friends. Here lately we have been busy with many things. The weather is still great and I go to the pool or beach anytime I get a chance. August flew by and I can hardly remember everything that we did. Our softball team won the base championship and now Justin has moved on to flag football. In August I ran my first 5K and was proud of myself. Those of you that know Justin know he likes to run...me not so much. I have really worked at it here and have gotten a lot better. If I can run here I can run anywhere. There are hills everywhere you go. Justin is also been riding is bike alot. There are great places to ride here and it has become part of his Saturday morning routine. September is already flying by! Justin’s birthday was September 6 and he had a long weekend off. Over the weekend we enjoyed the beach, grilling out, and visiting some local caves. The caves were great and formed from old volcanic activity. The pictures don’t do it justice but hopefully you can see some of the beauty. Justin has been busy planning the Air Force Ball which we will attend tomorrow.I finally got brave enough to get my hair done for the first time since we have been here. For my first time,and a language barrier, I was pretty happy! We continue to meet new friends and say goodbye to others. We are quickly learning that happens a lot. It is hard to believe we have been here 9 months and when we come back from Christmas we will have 1 year behind us. There is so much to take in living in a place like this! Who gets to drive around every day and see the awesome blue ocean? Even though this place is great we are missing Clemson football. We might be far away but we are still flying our Clemson flag!
Friday, September 17, 2010
September Already.....
It’s been a while but when I last wrote I spoke of Praia Fest. It was quite an experience and the beach bullfight was the best. We enjoyed good food, ice cream, and time with friends. Here lately we have been busy with many things. The weather is still great and I go to the pool or beach anytime I get a chance. August flew by and I can hardly remember everything that we did. Our softball team won the base championship and now Justin has moved on to flag football. In August I ran my first 5K and was proud of myself. Those of you that know Justin know he likes to run...me not so much. I have really worked at it here and have gotten a lot better. If I can run here I can run anywhere. There are hills everywhere you go. Justin is also been riding is bike alot. There are great places to ride here and it has become part of his Saturday morning routine. September is already flying by! Justin’s birthday was September 6 and he had a long weekend off. Over the weekend we enjoyed the beach, grilling out, and visiting some local caves. The caves were great and formed from old volcanic activity. The pictures don’t do it justice but hopefully you can see some of the beauty. Justin has been busy planning the Air Force Ball which we will attend tomorrow.I finally got brave enough to get my hair done for the first time since we have been here. For my first time,and a language barrier, I was pretty happy! We continue to meet new friends and say goodbye to others. We are quickly learning that happens a lot. It is hard to believe we have been here 9 months and when we come back from Christmas we will have 1 year behind us. There is so much to take in living in a place like this! Who gets to drive around every day and see the awesome blue ocean? Even though this place is great we are missing Clemson football. We might be far away but we are still flying our Clemson flag!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment