Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Past Week






Last Monday Justin was off and we went for a drive around the island. There is a road that runs along the perimeter of the island and we followed it from start til finish. We saw alot of pretty scenery and found some great hiking trails, along the coast, that will be great for the summer time! We also found some fishing spots. When I think of a fishing spot I think of a river bank, dock, or boat. Well here you throw your line off a cliff that is so high I didn't even want to look down. Were not sure how you know if something is biting it and you better hope it isn't too heavy. It will take 10 minutes to reel in a fish :) We also saw some gorgeous coastline as we drove. The rest of the week was pretty uneventful. I looked into some places to volunteer and hopefully will get involved doing that soon. Our truck was supposed to be here Tuesday but thanks to all of the snow the boat didn't leave the U.S. when it was supposed to. Hopefully it will come sometime this coming week.
Friday we went bowling with Justin's squadron and I did horrible!! Justin did pretty good..he won on our team at least. Saturday was a rainy and windy day so we just hung out at the house and went to see Invictus Saturday night. Today (Sunday) we went to church and worked in our yard. Tonight we are heading to a place in downtown Praia for a surprise birthday party. Looking forward for what this week has in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment