Last night we attended an awards banquet to recognize many people here on base for thier accomplishments and success during 2009. It was a unique ceremony since both U.S. and Portuguese were being recognized. At the begining both the U.S. and Portuguese National Anthems were sang. It was a pretty neat experience. It was fun getting dressed up but when it came time to do my hair I was realy missing Kasi(she always fixes my hair for formal events) I didn't have much to work with so it was pretty simple but maybe with more practice I will get better. Since Justin is the Protocol Officer he was involved more with the arrangements for the guest speaker for the event which was a two star general. He has been very busy with her this week but it is a neat experience for him to meet so many people. I know he is ready for the weekend and so am I! I forgot my camera for the event but I managed to get one picture before we changed.
Friday, February 26, 2010
Awards Banquet
Last night we attended an awards banquet to recognize many people here on base for thier accomplishments and success during 2009. It was a unique ceremony since both U.S. and Portuguese were being recognized. At the begining both the U.S. and Portuguese National Anthems were sang. It was a pretty neat experience. It was fun getting dressed up but when it came time to do my hair I was realy missing Kasi(she always fixes my hair for formal events) I didn't have much to work with so it was pretty simple but maybe with more practice I will get better. Since Justin is the Protocol Officer he was involved more with the arrangements for the guest speaker for the event which was a two star general. He has been very busy with her this week but it is a neat experience for him to meet so many people. I know he is ready for the weekend and so am I! I forgot my camera for the event but I managed to get one picture before we changed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment